Thursday, July 25, 2013

A good rest day

I didn't have a Crossfit class today and (miraculously) didn't have anything to clean inside the house so it truly was a rest day! I took the advantage of the babysitter (she comes in 2hrs x 4 days/week so I can get my cleaning done and run errands or go to lunch with some friends without the girls. Call me spoiled, I don't care. My husband is at work all day and it's good for me and the girls to have some time apart) and took Rina on a walk around Swan Lake. I like to take some time separately with the girls once in a while and then we have a "special date". It was yet another sunny day here on the west coast and I like to be outside as much as I can with the girls since it is so dreary and rainy here in the fall and winter time.

We had fun walking around the lake and looking at the ducks. We even took the time to pick some flowers and Rina was nice enough to stand still for more than a second and I managed to snap a few good pictures:

Flower Power girl

You'll notice her shirt is dirty... She fell face down on the dirt path. She has a pretty nasty scratch on her knee, but she'll survive.

Later in the afternoon, we played in the dirt of the garden in the backyard and in the front yard with Béatrice. I had a nice chat with my landlady as well and she was asking me what Crossfit was. My best answer was: "It's like a Bootcamp class on steroids!"

After all this fun time outside, I couldn't wait for dinner and bath time as the girls got pretty grimy playing in the garden!


Bath time!
The kitchen floor is now filthy and filled with dusty footprints, the girls cried the whole time I bathed them they were so tired, but I don't care. We had an awesome day and I hope they appreciated it as much as I did. Actually, I'm pretty sure they did as I put them to bed 15 mins ago and all is quiet on the baby monitor (the girls share a room for now)!

That makes for a good day in my book! Tomorrow is my 3rd Crossfit class and marks my 1st week at the OnRamp!

No comments:

Post a Comment