Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Mini Nancy? I don't even want to know what the full Nancy is like!

Day #5 of Crossfit OnRamp today was challenging. I am soo-ooooore from Monday (neck shoulders, triceps, abs) and I may have pulled my right quad during warm-up (that's how badly out of shape I am)!

I did my best and gave it my all even though I wasn't 100% and I think that's all that matters.

Skills:

  • kb swings (kettle bell): those were relatively easy, except I had to stick with the 16# kb because of my quad. I tried to go to higher weight, but it was too painful.

  • K2E (Knees to elbows) or T2B (toes to bar): You hang from the pull-up bar and raise your knees to your elbows or (if you can manage) bring your toes up to the bar. I did manage to lift my knees up, but not quite to my elbows and I did a little bit of kipping (swinging back and forth)

  • ring dips: Hanging from the gymnastic rings, you do triceps dips. Hahahahaha! First of all, the rings couldn't be lowered enough for this short stuff, so once again, the 45# plate came to my rescue and I used it as my platform. I also had to use the rubber bands for help, but I quickly moved from the green band (too easy, yay!) to the blue band (just challenging enough). I was able to do 3 dips with the band.
After all those skills, we still had to get through the WOD:
"Mini Nancy" (a simplified version of the Nancy, which I'm not sure about what it entails to and I'm not sure I ever want to find out)!

For time, 3X: 
400m run
15 overhead squats

I had to scale down to 200m run and even then, I could feel the ever familiar pain of shin splints coming back. Next time, I'll have to row instead of run as I still can't run (too fat and not fit enough, therefore, putting too much pressure on my shins) I finished in 6:09.

I came home tired, but in a good way. I'm really liking this whole Crossfit thing and I hope to keep it up after the 3 week OnRamp is over. It is some painful torture, but I can feel myself getting stronger slowly and that's all that matters to me! My mother-in-law sent me this on Facebook and I thought it was just perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment